Thursday, April 3, 2008

Homemade Oreo Cookies


1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Preheat over to 350*

Mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer until moist and takes on the consistency of cookie dough.

Roll into balls (This depends on the size you prefer. Mine are about 1 1/2 inches. I've seen them made smaller)

Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Don't overcook or they will be to hard to bite into.

Let cool.

Frosting: I use any type of store bought frosting. It's all yummy. Use the left overs on graham crackers.

8 comments:

Haas Family said...

ok you and Jared are sooo much alike its crazy. thank you.
Lanie

The Dragonfly said...

Yippee! Another blog to stalk, and this one's about food. Love, love, love it.

chelsea said...

haha graham crackers and frosting...childhood memories!

Lori Gerten said...

Yummy! Thanks!

I'm going to Walgreen's right now to get hte cake mix and frosting. That recipe is so easy my Gracie can do it!!!

Lori Gerten said...

BTW:
Um. . .I'll just eat the leftover frosting right out of the can. Sweet nectar.

Tobi said...

Simple and delicious. Could there be a better combination? All my praise to the great A!!

alysha said...

can't wait to make them! thanks for sharing!

Jessie said...

I made these tonight Audrey for my sister because she thought they looked so good...well oh my gosh they are soooooo good!